Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Don't bust my chops!

Well I pulled out pork chops for dinner and then had no idea what to do with them as i didn't plan any recipes this week (i know, horrible person.) So i looked through a million recipes and was missing just one thing from a bunch of different recipes, so i decided to take it upon myself to just wing it. And i'm going to name it

Cola Chops

1 cup of Coke
1 cup of ketchup
2 tbsp. of brown sugar.
1 tbsp. minced garlic
1 tbsp. chili sauce
flour
salt
pepper
2-4 boneless pork chops

I created a marinate with the ingredients and let it sit for a couple of hours.
I took a little flour and salt and pepper to taste and coated the chops and fried them on each side for a minute or 2 to seal in the juices.
Then i put everything in a cassarole dish and threw it in the over for an hour at 350 degrees ( i had thick chops)
these were pretty good, and may just become a staple at the Cordeiro House.

No comments: