Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sicilian Steak

This recipe comes from the super fabulous Teresa Giudice's new book "Skinny Italian"
This was REALLY good.

Sicilian Steak

2 (1lb each) shell steaks (also known as strip steak) 1" thick
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/3 dried bread crumbs
2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper



1. Trim excess fat from the steaks. combine oil and garlic and marinate steaks on each side for 15 min each side.
2. Mix bread crumbs, cheese, oregano, salt and pepper together and put in shallow bowl. remove steaks from oil, letting the oil cling, and dip each steak into the bread crumb mixture, patting the bread crumbs to make sure they stick. let stand for 10 minutes to set the crumbs.
3. Position a broiler rack 6 to 8 inches from the source of heat and preheat the broiler. (if the crust starts to burn move rack down)
4. Place steak on the rack and broil until the crust is lightly browned, and flip and do the same for the other side. cook until done to your liking.
transfer to a platter and let stand for 3 minutes, cut across the grain into 1/2 inch thick slices and serve.

Nutrition Information (servings-4)
490 Calories; 7g carbs; 29g fat; 10 g saturated fat; 1 g fiber; 37g protein; 343mg sodium

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the Facebook tip on her cookbook. I love RHONJ and am hoping to get her book for my birthday! I also love to cook so will check out your recipes!

Stacy breeher said...

I blog everyday for the last 6 months I cook a meal from her book & share my experience on cooking a meal and if it was difficult or easy something like Julia and Julie you all remember that movie about Julia Childs well I'm doing the same thing with Teresa's books and it's a lot of fun and I've learned a lot and I've got a lot it easy tips without taking away from the real Italian, and since I am Italian I love it love it love it love it all the way from Arnold Missouri love you all and happy Italian cooking

nishanut68 said...

This looks good and easy to do. Gonna have to try it.