Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cupcakes Week 6

I'm making these a couple days early...because I am crazy. I am getting up tomorrow morning at 4am to watch the Royal Wedding coverage! I can't help it. it has sucked me in. I can remember as a little kid being excited every time there was a shot of Princess Diana in her wedding gown, and being upset with my parents for not having me a few years earlier so that I could watch it live. *sigh* Gotta love a little kid mentality.

So if I'm going to be up that early, I might as well make it fun. So I will be having tea and these little cuties. For the decoration on top you can head over HERE for free royal wedding party themed printables!

Royal Wedding Cupcakes
"Buckingham Palace Garden Tea Cupcakes with Lemon Buttercream"

* 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
* 1 cup sugar
* 2 egg
* 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
* 3/4 tsp. salt
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1 tbsp. Buckingham Palace Garden Tea (but you could use, English Breakfast or Earl Grey)


Preheat the oven to 350. Beat the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, making sure they are thoroughly combined before adding the next one. Mix together the dry ingredients, including the tea. Beat in half of the dry mixture with the wet, then add the milk and the rest of the dry mixture, stirring until just combined. Line the cupcake pan with 12 cups and fill them about two-thirds full. Bake 20 to 25 minutes. Cool thoroughly before frosting.

Frosting
* 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
* 1/2 cup of butter (1 stick) softened
* 1/4 cup of milk
* 1 t vanilla
* 1 T lemon zest (the rind of a lemon)
* 2 T lemon juice
mix the butter, lemon zest and vanilla together, making sure all the lumps are gone.
add the milk, and quickly cream it into the butter mixture,by the 1/2 cup, mix in the sugar.once the sugar is all in the bowl, cream on "high" for two minutes. (I use this time to clean up) mix in lemon juice.

No comments: